At the core of the 2014 Achieving Excellence in Career Technical Education: The National Career Clusters Institute are our Excellence in Action Award winners. Out of a large national pool of applicants, our 2014 award winners earned this distinction for their innovative approach to CTE, each exemplifying different elements of high-quality CTE as laid out in Reflect, Transform, Lead: A New Vision for Career Technical Education.
- From the Architecture and Construction Career Cluster, Tolsia High School Carpentry Program, Fort Gay, WV
- From the Arts, A/V Technology and Communications Career Cluster, Union County Academy for Performing Arts, Scotch Plains, NJ
- From the Health Science Career Cluster, Bollman Technical Education Center Medical Sciences Program, Bollman Technical Education Center, Thornton, CO
- From the Information Technology Career Cluster, Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Shelbyville, Computer Information Technology, Tennessee College of Applied Technology, Shelbyville, TN
- From the Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security Career Cluster, Jack E. Singley School of Law and Public Service, Irving, TX
- From the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Career Cluster, Innovation Academy for Engineering, Environmental, and Marine Science, Foy H. Moody High School, Corpus Christi, TX
These standout programs represent the best CTE has to offer. Advocates are encouraged to use these printable summaries of their success as effective meeting leave-behinds and case-making tools to promote CTE: learning that works for America!